Horseshoe Bay Resort 200 Hi Cir N
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657
For directions - https://maps.app.goo.gl/7aGWJqHSJkzBE3Wr6
SUNDAY FEB 11 ACTIVITIES
* 230pm Registration, Ballroom Foyer
Silent Auction Items welcome
* 3pm TSTA Foundation Scholarship Cornhole Tournament, Popcorn Bar
Ballroom, $100 entry, Donation to TSTA Foundation
* 4-10pm Super Bowl Party & Buffet, Ballroom
* Golf on your own - www.hsbresort.com/golf
The TSTA Foundation furnishes 13 annual college scholarships to deserving Texas students that might otherwise have difficulty getting the education they need. Seven of our scholarships are either fully endowed, or on their way to being fully endowed, and six are funded through annual gifts from the TSTA Foundation to our flagship universities. The TSTA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
POLICY & MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Monday Feb 12
7-8am Continental Breakfast, Travertine Room
8am – 12pm General Session, Travertine Room
* Welcome, Dr. Bryan J Gentsch
* Election of TSTA Officers & Board Members
* State of the Association - Pat Miller, Federal Seed Regulation Update & State to State Legislation
* American Seed Trade Association, Dr. Paul De Laune, Cover Crops - Texas Applicability
12noon – 1pm Membership Lunch, Post Oak Room
Special Guest: The Honorable Pete Flores
1:15pm – 5pm General Session, Travertine Room
* Keynote Speaker Senator Pete Flores
* Dr. Rick Vierling, Texas AgriLife Research, Texas Foundation Seed Service, Update on Facilities/Programs
* Katrina Horn, Texas A&M AgriLife, Research Crop Testing Program Servicing Seed Companies
* Jeb Owen, Texas Dept. of Agriculture, Certified Seed Winter Growouts Update & Future
* Jeff Claxton, Texas Dept. of Agriculture, Group Discussion, Topic: Variety Not State Small Grains Sales
6pm President’s Reception
7-10pm President & First Lady’s Dinner, Yacht Club Ballroom, Resort Shuttle Available
* Includes TSTA Foundation Scholarship Auction
Members, please bring an auction item
Tuesday Feb 13
7am – 12pm TSTA Board of Directors Meeting and Breakfast, Hickory Room, Open to any TSTA member in good standing
Senator Pete Flores will be with us on Monday as our special guest and speaker. Senator Flores has been a strong supporter of the Texas seed trade and will share his thoughts with us concerning Texas' future.
Dr. Paul De Laune from Texas AgriLife, will share his thoughts and research findings on applicability of cover crops in Texas agriculture. Cover crops are, finally, beginning to grab attention in Texas and may represent an opportunity for additional seed sales. How do they work in relatively dry agro-ecosystems? Come and listen to Dr. De Laune and bring your questions.
Katrina Horn will provide an overview of the Texas A&M AgriLife Research Crop Testing Program and its fit with seed companies.
Jeff Claxton from the Texas Department of Agriculture will lead a discussion on "variety not stated" small grain sales in Texas. TDA is a critical partner in combating VNS seed sales and we've got to find a way to all work together on this issue. Please come prepared to share your thoughts on this important topic.
Dr. Rick Vierling from Texas AgriLife Research, will provide an update on the Texas Foundation Seed Service facilities and programs. Rick plays a key role in our battle against VNS seed sales in Texas as well as administrate Foundation Seeds.
Jeb Owen from the Texas Department of Agriculture, will provide an update on the certified seed winter growouts by location and share his thoughts on their future.
Pat Miller from American Seed Trade Association, will be with us to provide an update on ASTA activities, what's going on in other states that may find its way to Texas and the ongoing regulatory struggles with treated seed.